Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Creative Endeavors

I recently began some freelance design work, a very enjoyable collaboration with a new friend, "Miss Rosy". She came to me with the idea for a couple wedding-related blogs, as she's a newlywed (she had a gorgeous Martha's Vineyard wedding last October) and has valuable tips for the bride-to-be and young newlywed. She has begun featuring Boston area weddings at Rosy Love, as well as the project she has enlisted my creative work for, The Rosy Report.

The Rosy Report takes more of a "dish" angle, with fun pop colors and a whole lotta attitude. I have been having a lot of fun contributing to various posts with my illustration, as it has given me a chance to work a creative outlet that I don't normally get to explore in my day to day work. And given the frequency of blog posts, it has given me a challenge to really make the time for myself to illustrate, as well as build my personal portfolio.

I encourage you to take a look. Even if "wedding dish" isn't your thing, it's fun to see what creative things Boston brides are doing (check out this Halloween wedding - I saw some pro-pictures from this past wedding, this girl worked her BUTT off and it was a beautiful wedding!).

No comments: