Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Clay and Water

Last night I realized that I have something going on every weekend until the wedding. On top of that, working 40 hours a week, other commitments through church, babysitting and trying to do some of my own work in the evenings, life seems to be going in fast forward. It's so important to me to not take days for granted. It's easy to wish away the week in anticipation of the weekend.

Life doesn't stop though. It doesn't even pause. It's up to me to catch my breath and allow myself to change and move with what goes on around me. I have a lot of changes happening in my life and while it seems overwhelming, natural progression can be a beautiful thing. I feel like the people who fight change and always want things to stay the same are the ones who end up disappointed.

There's a song that I always turn to when I start feeling like life is going through a bit of a loop-dee-loop. It's called "Clay and Water" by Margaret Becker...

1 comment:

The Modern Gal said...

You're doing a good thing for yourself for recognizing that change is good and something to thrive on.

Good luck with all of your stuff in the coming weeks. I know it's a stressful but exciting time :)