Idol
So long, Kristy Lee! As Ryan said, there were too many "Cooks" in the kitchen.
I have a feeling this contest will come down to the two David's. David Archuleta would win from popularity, but I hope David Cook wins for talent. He is the only true musician I see on that show. You can be a good singer, but if you're not a good musician, I don't want to listen to you.
Running
I went for another run yesterday evening after work. It was truly gorgeous out. I can't decide what I love more about running; the fact that I'm getting into shape or that I get to enjoy the natural beauty of the environment around me. I feel like my legs are getting stronger, and my stomach, although not really shrinking, is less wobbly than it was a month ago. It's a slow process, but I know I'm doing it the right way. I have always admired people who could just go out and run. And I am starting to feel like one of those people. It's incredibly cool.
I am going to start jogging on the beach soon, to add a little difficulty. I was severely lacking any time at the beach last summer. I don't go to the beach to get tan and sleep all day. I hate bathing suits and I hate having sand stuck to my body because I have to load up on SPF 75. I like going in the evening when it's not as hot, not as crowded. I like playing frisbee or catch, or just walking. I love making a fire and sitting around with good friends, just talking and making smores and having a couple drinks.
So, hallelujah, Spring is finally here!
Freecycle.org
This is a non-profit organization that encourages people to reuse and recycle anything and everything that is still in good condition, instead of just throwing everything into landfills. I have seen everything offered, from furniture to baby clothes to frozen peas a lady wasn't going to use, to car parts, to VHS tapes. You can literally offer up anything, as long as it's free. I highly recommend checking it out. They have different towns and regions, so you're bound to find a group near you.
I made my first post yesterday, looking for a manual lawnmower. You know, the kind that has blades on 2 reels and is wicked old school. Our new yard area is pretty small, and the whole middle of it is a garden, so there's no need to waste money (or emit gas and noise into the air!) for something that'll be done in 5 minutes.
Man, I'm turning crunchy. How can I not though? It's time people start being aware and care for the world we live in.
Ok, 'nuff preachin'. I'm gonna go eat me some lunch. Peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment