Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I Can't Believe a Year Went By So Fast!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LITTLE BEAN!!


Last Thursday, the 6th, my littlest nephew turned 1! We went up to my sister's house on Saturday to celebrate with family and feed the kiddo his first chocolate cake, which he thoroughly enjoyed (as shown above).
It was a nice trip and great to see fam, although Dad, Dude (brother), and GG (sister-in-law) were missed. I can't believe how quickly the boys grow...Every time I see them they are different, smarter, doing new things. And they just crack me up.
Sadly, after such a fun weekend I got my bumper dented in yesterday in the grocery store parking lot during lunch. Me and another car were both backing out at the same time, and she had to have been in a blind spot or backed up quickly because I didn't see her at all, even with checking my mirrors. Her car escaped with not a scratch, and my bumper now has an innie-bellybutton type cave in. Just what I need. The car is fine though, no mechanical damage, purely superficial. I'll get it fixed at some point. A guy I work with claims a plunger will do the trick. I don't know about that...
Something to be thankful for though is Daylight Savings Time. It's now still light enough when I get home from work to go for a walk around the neighborhood. When it gets a bit warmer and staying light even later, I'll start packing walking clothes and shoes and head straight to the local hiking trails near my house. I'm so glad winter's almost over!
Time to head home...American Idol is doing Beatles night tonight!


No comments: