Running is hard!
I've only gone a couple days in the past two weeks because of the holiday and rainy weather, so I can't complain. I am still not nearly in shape for running. But I'm making progress. I started going to a park near my house and running on a soft track rather than running on the street/pavement. It was much easier on my knees, and I noticed I was able to run twice as far as I was able to run on pavement before getting winded and having to walk again. I think it will help to look into getting actual running sneakers. Having the foot support is so important, I don't want to damage anything!
Easter was very nice. I went home with The Boy to his parents house and we spent the weekend with his family. We were able to stop in at the Dude's Sunday evening to see them, and we stopped at my parent's house on Monday to check on the dog. It was a really nice, relaxing weekend.
We've started looking for an apartment! There isn't much yet in the way of availability for the date we'll be moving, but it's nice to be looking and checking out different areas we might like to live. We'd both prefer to live closer to work, obviously it would save us a ton in gas and we would have more time at home or to ourselves rather than sitting in traffic. I'm so excited to begin this part of our life together!
American Idol Thoughts for the Week: I adore David Cook. He is the winner in my book. He's so incredibly talented, plays the guitar, great voice, he's the only one I could picture being able to carry off his own, original concert. The rest have great voices, but it's not clear to me who they are as musicians, and it's hard to picture them not singing covers. David, however, has 3 weeks in a row taken well known songs and made them his own.
David Archuleta, the young kid who never stops smiling? Yes, there's no doubt he's great. But he's great in a way that Miley Cyrus is great. He can sing, he's cute and appeals to girls and women of all ages, and he's a genuinely nice person. Give him a tv show on Disney.
This is the most talented batch of contestants, by far. I'm thoroughly enjoying this season, and hopefully they'll come to my area next summer so I can audition!
Tomorrow I'm going hiking with my friend from work. Not sure what else is going on, but hopefully the weather will hold up, as I really just want to open the windows in the house and give it a good long cleaning. Isn't my life exciting?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment