Merry Christmas, somewhat belated! It's been a busy past few days for me, full of wonderful things.
I went home late Tuesday evening, and for the first time since I can remember, I saw my parents, siblings, and their families every day since Wednesday. It was so nice to have quality time with the kiddos, bonding time with the girls, and it really felt like Christmas. We haven't all been together for Christmas day in at least a couple years, and if we have, it's just been for a couple hours. So this year was very special. The kids had so much fun at Grandma and Grampa's house (by today I think they'd had it though...). This was the first Christmas that my older nephew, who is 3 1/2, really got into it and knew what it was all about. My dad worked at the fire station Christmas eve, so "Santa" called Lane to ask him if he'd been a good boy, and read him the Night Before Christmas over the phone. It was really precious. Then we put out milk and cookies for Santa and Cheerios for the reindeer, and Lane was so excited, he wouldn't go to sleep! How wonderful to see it as an adult, the sheer joy and excitement about him the whole night and following morning.
I was able to go back to my parish for midnight mass and sing with the singers (it's usually a good mix of alumni and current youth singers). It felt different, but was still very peaceful and the perfect way to celebrate the holiday.
I spent Christmas Eve with Sean and his family. We booked our reception venue (more on that later) and yesterday morning I went dress shopping with my mom, all 4 of my girls, and Sean's mom. It was a successful trip! We were so successful that we found a dress for the girls too that looked fabulous on all of them! Talk about difficult finding a dress for girls with all different heights, boobs, hips...but we did it!
Now I am home and enjoying the peace and quiet of not having toddlers running circles around me. I am going to make some dinner and wait for Sweetie to come home. Did I mention I also have the next four days off? Ahhhhhhh life is good.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment