Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ding Dong Merrily On High

Wow, I am slacking in the blogging department this month compared to November. Don't worry, I still have a pulse!

Thank you to all for the well wishes for the engagement and the new baby in the family. Life is pretty fantastic these days. I am in the final push of work before taking my first vacation in 2.5 years. I can't wait to have 13 days straight of not having to work!

This month has been fairly busy! We had a tacky Christmas sweater party Friday night, which was a big hit and we will most likely be hosting one each year from now on. We had another party on Saturday, and most of the day I was recovering from Friday night, so I didn't go too crazy with food, and I consumed only 1 glass of wine and probably a gallon of water and Gatorade. Oh, the things we do to ourselves around the holidays...My work party is Friday at an Italian restaurant in Stamford. There is wine a-plenty, so I will do my best to restrain from becoming belligerent. I don't think I'll be going to any afterparties this year as I have the past two, so the idea of driving home from Stamford on the Friday before Christmas is enough to limit myself to 1 drink.

I think I'm doing pretty well in the weight loss department, I'm down 8-10 pounds from October, and since it's the holidays, I know I'm doing well because this is when I usually pack on 5 or so extra pounds. It'll be easier once the holidays are over and I have time to get to the gym. These days I'm relying on diet alone, which is not easy.

I won't bore you any more with my mutterings, but I'm still here. Just very, very busy...

Cheers!

No comments: