Monday, December 8, 2008

Just over a week later, wedding planning is underway. There is a lot to do right away, I'm finding, and then we'll have months of waiting, and then another lot to do in the month or two beforehand. So with Christmas approaching, I am trying to stay cool and relaxed and not worry too much about everything must get done. We are calling the church tomorrow, I have scheduled an appointment to go try on dresses the weekend after Christmas, and we already have a pretty good idea as to where and who we want for our reception, photographer, and possibly DJ. The big thing will be firming up the date with the church and then with the reception venue in a couple short weeks. And that's when we start shelling out the money.

I am more excited for this Christmas than the past two since living on my own. I think a lot of it has to do that I love my roommate (*giggle*) and we've really made this place our home. The tree is up, the entire house is decorated, and it's so cozy and full of love and warmth. It sounds so cheesy, but this is what the season is supposed to be, and it finally is for me.

Also in wonderful news, my sister-in-law had a c-section on Friday and my first niece (I have two nephews) was born at 2:47 p.m. Bailey Elizabeth graced the world with her presence and my world has been changed dramatically. I first saw this little face and almost started crying, just out of happiness. My brother and Kathy are on cloud 9, everyone is doing well, and I managed to take a day trip up to see them all on Saturday, as I am an impatient auntie and couldn't wait until Christmas.

So to leave you with a smile....

Photos taken by the proud mommy & daddy.