I am so organized it's freaking me out. I know exactly what I have to do, in what order, and I am calmer than I ever thought possible.
Perhaps it's because I have been planning from another state, but I have forced myself to be completely organized so as to not miss anything, keep everyone apprised of the information they need. I have never done anything of this scale before, and I never plan on it again.
With that said, holy cow, I am getting married in a week. At this time next week I will be getting to the Inn, all done up from the salon, and getting ready to get dressed. The photographer will be there, the flowers will be arriving, and everything will be happening all at once!
Sean and I went out last night to a bar about 30 minutes north of here. My coworker's band was playing, and it was really fun to go out! But as a testament to how wiped we've both been, it was 9:30 and we were both yawning. But we stayed for a while, had a couple drinks, enjoyed the tunes, and made our way home and to sleep.
I am super excited because of all things I have to do today, I am making a trip to the bookstore to get a couple beach reads for the honeymoon. I got some great recommendations from girls on the Knot, so I figured I would post them here, in case anyone's looking for something new to read, or if you have any recommendations you'd like to offer up!
Warning: This is a lot of Chick Lit to follow.
Love the One You're With - Emily Griffin
Good in Bed - Jennifer Weiner
The Other Woman - Jennifer Weiner
Bitter is the New Black - Jen Lancaster
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Jonathan Safran Foer
The Year of Living Biblically - AJ Jacobs
Bed of Roses - Nora Roberts (A follow-up to Vision in White, which I've read and loved!)
Can You Keep a Secret - Sophie Kinsella
Remember Me - Sophie Kinsella
Anything by Jane Green
Dear John - Nicholas Sparks
Trail of Crumbs - Kim Sunee
A Woman of Substance - Barbara Taylor Bradford
So there's the list, I'm sure I'll get a couple great reads out of it forthe honeymoon, and reading more is on my list of things to do this year. I better stop blogging though and get to work, if I am to continue to be proud of my mad organizational skillz.
Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You have to read Jen Lancaster's stuff if you haven't already. Agreed on Jane Green. I've read Jonathan Safran Foer's first book, Everything is Illuminated and loved that, but haven't read his second book. Another chick lit book I loved was 'Just Friends' by Robyn SIsman.
I'm impressed at your organization. You sound so calm too! I think you're ready :)
Hope I'm not too late to add a few!
I read in Cancun this summer: "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea." That and "My Horizontal Life" by Chelsea Handler are hilarious and perfect for the beach.
If you want something very readable but a little more serious, I just started "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver and LOVE IT. She and her family decide to live off food they raise themselves or buy locally for a year. She's a fantastic writer and it's fascinating stuff!
Post a Comment