In an attempt to not let the next 9 days just fly by, I'm hoping to chronicle my feelings as best I can, if anything as a stress reliever and something to hopefully look back on someday and have a chuckle. I'm sure in retrospect what I'll experience in the next 8 days is nothing compared to poopy diapers, sleepless nights and other life experiences yet to come.
But as it is...I am excited. I have been feeling a strange mix this week of excitement and detachment. Excitement because, well, I am getting married next weekend. Detachment because I have so much to accomplish in the next week that if I lose focus of my work and projects, I could be scrambling next week.
I knew over a year ago when we picked the date that it would be in the midst of my busy season at work, and although it's been busy, it's been nice to be pre-occupied during work hours. If I had a nickle for every time someone asked if I was excited, or posted on my Facebook wall wondering the status of my excitement....well, I would have a shitload of nickles, to be frank. I hope no one is put off by my strained smile when they ask me for the billionth time. I want to be the jumping up and down giddy girl, but again, there is so much to do.
Tonight, however, I had a break from everything and had a girly evening with a good friend of mine. We drank beer, ate chili, gossiped about weddings, work and everything under the sun, and it was fantastic. I didn't think about how many programs I have left to print (*glances at printer where programs are currently printing now that friend has left*), or how many more lists I can make in regards to the wedding (*glances at a list of recommended beach reads in front of me*). We just hung out. I have been drinking water all week in an attempt to de-bloat (thank you, holiday weight), and I got to a point where I said screw it - I'm having a beer. So I had 3 beers.
It seems surreal and absolutely real that in a week's time, we'll be home, with our families, in the final preparations of the big day. When I look at Sean and think that I will be referring to him as my husband...I just melt. Beneath the seemingly workhouse attitude I have taken on this week, I guess I am that gleeful, grinning, girly type that really can't wait to put on my pretty dress, drag my dad down the aisle and say "I do!!!"
Oh, and the weather stalking. So far we're looking at mostly cloudy and 33. I am cool with that. Clouds are good for photography. *smirk*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Woo woo! I'm like you in that I like to have a distraction that gets me through to whatever I'm waiting on.
Post a Comment