I always feel kind of silly posting my goals for the year, because I always seem to make the same goals, and in turn, not reach them.
I must say, for 2009, I did ok. I read more, I cooked more, I loved more, and I did lose weight. I will focus on the positives there instead of the "I didn't lose enough weight"s and "I didn't read enough"s. Is it ever really enough, anyways?
With many exciting things to look forward to this year, I am setting goals that I believe to be attainable and beneficial to my future beyond 2010, and the life I want with my soon-to-be-husband and future family.
1. Get married. It sounds silly, of course I am going to get married, but I have a lot to do in the next 2 weeks in order to leave and fully enjoy the wedding day and honeymoon without worrying about something I forgot to finish at work. So really, the goal is to get through the next 2 weeks.
2. Pay off credit cards and make good financial decisions. It's no secret that many people our age live beyond their means, by their own fault or just lack of knowloedge transitioning from college student with little financial burden to a functioning adult who has bills and rent and loans to pay. I know I'm not the only person who made the mistake of opening credit cards to get through the first couple months of being out of school, and I know I'm not the last. But making better financial decisions going forward will help fix what's damaged and keep me firmly on my feet.
3. Save up for and purchase a really good camera. What constitutes "really good". Ideally, a dslr that is advanced enough that I will not desire to replace it in 2 years with something bigger and better. One with versatility for shooting people, places and events.
4. To be healthy in mind, body and spirit. To rid my life of toxic behaviors, thoughts and people. To expand my cooking and eating palate and try new things. Go on adventures. Make new friends. And enjoy every minute.
Cheers to 2010!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It's good to post about your goals because it helps you keep yourself accountable. And you've got the right idea in focusing on the positive.
Post a Comment