After what felt like The Neverending Workday From Hell, I finished and left the office at 6:30 this evening, and proceeded to have a really nice dinner with Sean, who got out at about the same time. We hit up Outback (which has a pretty rockin' GF menu, much better than Uno's) and both got some deliciously cooked beef. I managed to resist both the Outback bread, which is uber delicious, and the "giant crouton" that came with my meal (a big hunka bread). We also avoided dessert since we were quite stuffed.
I forgot to write, but I am pirating a hot body.
Rather than paying the monthly or weekly fee for Weight Watchers, I am following their points system with the help of point calculators and extensive lists of foods and their point values online. I started tracking on Monday, and have been more mindful than I ever remember of what and how much I am putting into my body. It's almost like a game, trying to get the most food as possible out of a day for less points. This means LOTS of veggies, which I need to eat more of anyways. I am going to try some new recipes this weekend, methinks, for some all-veggie meals.
On a sidenote: I never turn down bread. This has been big for me this week. Learning to say "No". I have always been the queen or giving in. But the more I say no, the easier it is! Granted, I have eaten bread this week. I'm definitely not doing a "no carb, no way, no McCain" (couldn't resist) diet. I'm just trying to work on cutting out the unnecessary extra. Like tomorrow night, I'm going to a birthday party, and I'll have a piece of cake. A small one.
Anyways, after our dinner, we popped into Borders before it closed so he could look for some norse mythology books, and I snagged Skinny Bitch (I've already read it but wanted my own personal copy) and The One Hundred: A Guide to the Pieces Every Stylish Woman Must Own by Nina Garcia (if you're a Project Runway addict like I am, you'd love this!). It's literally her A-Z of must-haves, fashion tips, and really cute illustrations by Ruben Toledo. It's a fun read so far, very girly, and very useful to someone like me who would love to have the innate ability to walk out the door looking fabulous every day, but just doesn't get it most of the time. So far it's covered A-line dress (a la Jackie O), animal print (can be very stylish if done tastefully [belt, shoes, scarf, one piece at a time], not trashy [head to toe leopard print???]), ankle bootie, aviators, ballet flat, bangles, belts, bikini, Blackberry, black opaque tights (I <3 tights, and the fact that she calls out girls who wear them as pants. They're not pants!!), and now I'm on to blazers.
The day is winding down much nicer than it started. I'm glad to be home, and am looking forward to a good nights sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment