Saturday, August 23, 2008

I need to stop being motivated. Honestly, I am losing whole weekends to cleaning frenzies! I showered like I planned to, and looked in my closet for something to wear and felt the inexplicable need to clean my closet, which I did, which turned into cleaning out my clothes, and an hour later, I have 2 full bags of clothes, a couple old purses and some shoes, ready to be donated Monday morning on the way to work.

It's good to feel accomplished, but the rest of the evening is going to consist of making something delicious for dinner and settling in for a movie or TV on DVD night. I am ignoring the floors begging to be swept, the dishes in the sink, and the scuzzy bathroom sink. I will not listen to their tempting call for clean surfaces.

I will let my house be dirty, darn it!

Our first month here, we kept this place pretty impeccable. It's been comfortable AND clean. The past couple weeks have been rather crazy with me going home 2 weekends in a row and general insanity at work, and I noticed things were getting messier, little by little. Could this mean we're settling into our normal state of mild disarray?

I'm the type of person who is not messy nor am I a neat freak. I am the type of person who will let a mess build up and then clean it all one day till everything sparkles and shines like it's meant to. So maybe I'm normalizing a bit in that I'm letting the mess creep into our lives.

When I think of it that way, I don't feel so bad.

As long as it's clean when we have company.

No comments: