Wednesday, September 16, 2009

4 months till Mrs.!

I am officially in full wedding planning mode, which is funny, because all the big stuff is booked and planned, now it's just details and execution. Sean surprised me yesterday with booking the limo, which was the last big vendor we needed to check off the list, so now it's really on me to get the invitations and paper items done, to confirm details and make any final choices or changes. I'm not feeling stressed or nervous, but every week that goes by I get more an more excited. I can't help but be amazed that it's all really happening. When did I get so lucky?

The little things are starting to occur to me. Everytime someone at works asks me what Sean's last name is and then they say my name with his last name, I realize I will really be entering a new phase of life. When I see people with babies, and realize that sooner rather than later (compared to 7 years ago when we got together) that will be us. And we'll be on the same insurance, bank accounts... It's a lot of change! But definitely good changes. It's all part of progressing as a couple. If we didn't grow and change together, life would be pretty boring.

This weekend we have a wedding to go to for our friends. Sean went to college with the groom, and they are such a fun, awesome couple. They're the first of Sean's college group to get married, so this is going to be quite a party on Saturday. I am so excited to be able to celebrate the day with them and the rest of our friends. And even more excited perhaps to see Sean decked out in his new 3-piece suit...


No comments: