Sunday, September 6, 2009

Fall Festivities

This is my favorite time of year for many reasons. Not only is my birthday fast approaching, but it's the time of year Sean and I got together and fell in love, there is delicious pumpkin spiced beer and lattes and candles (oh my!), the air gets cooler and I can break out my sweaters and knee high boots, and most importantly....

Sundays. There is nothing that beats a Sunday in the fall. Starting next week, there will be football, dinner in the crock pot, and lazy afternoon for the next 12 weeks or so. I love throwing food in the crock pot and letting it warm up the house with it's delicious smells. I love having a beer at 2 in the afternoon watching the Pats. I love taking walks around the lake and smelling the leaves starting to decay and crisp.

We have quite a busy fall ahead of us. We're going to the Norwalk Oyster Festival next weekend with our friend for her birthday. I might try my very first oyster! We have a wedding the weekend after that, including a reception cruise around Manhattan (can't wait!), plus many Oktoberfest type activities. It sadly means Sean is back to his crazy work schedule for football season, but it means quiet time for me on the weekends if I need it.

Last week we kicked off the crock pot season with full chickens soaking in beer and spices. This week, I have porkchops and potatoes simmering in a white wine and apple cider vinegar reduction with nutmeg and rosemary. Sound yummy? It smells divine! I love cooking and even more I love eating what I cook, so I am always on the lookout for new recipes. Let me know if you have any you particularly love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The porkchops sound fab! Can you post the link to the recipe?
~Kelly