Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My Boyfriend Can Weather the Storm

I had a horrible mood swing the other night, which poor Sean had to live through. Looking back, it was rather funny. He was so sweet and comforting, but he also looked a little like a deer in headlights, not sure how to handle his girlfriend who went from lying on the couch watching a movie to crying and wailing about being fat and unsexy. Rather "LOL-worthy".

In a nutshell, I've been on antibiotics for nearly a week for an infection in my foot from a cut I got doing yardwork 2 weekends ago. The antibiotic is very strong and though I was warned of the side-effects (nausea, potential yeast infections, potentially making your birth control ineffective), I had a great weekend, and a very relaxing Labor Day, and this mood swing came out of nowhere! Ok, my foot got knicked and it started itching and hurting like crazy, but man, it happened fast!

Also, I had started Weight Watchers a week ago Monday, and I had gained 3 pounds, which set me off on a tirade of being "frustrated and fat and lacking exercise because of my freaking infected foot!". Sean sweetly reminded me that in addition to the antibiotics messing up my girly areas and doing other strange things to my body, it was probably severely messing with my metabolism. Makes sense, right?

So I'm on this until Sunday, and Monday will mark week 2 of the watching of weight. It's very easy to follow if you put in the effort, and I'm hoping I can be a bit better this weekend to see some results on Monday. I am going to be in the city tomorrow, so that means some extra walking. I think once I add regular fitness to my plan, I'll see some real results.

But the message of my post here is that Sean is wonderful; and thank goodness I didn't scare him off in the midst of my freakish hormonal breakdown. I told him if he could withstand that he could handle anything. Oh, and always clean cuts right away. Don't carry on with 3 more hours of yardwork before hitting the shower.

No comments: