Sunday, September 14, 2008

Patriots 08/09 Season

Matt Cassell is making me very proud. He is playing a great game so far, despite what looked like a little shakeup with his knee. Given the week this team has had, I think we'll be just fine this season. I'm not the first to say it, but Tom Brady is not the PAtriots. HE is a fantastic QB, one of the best there is and has been. But we can't rely on him to carry the team. That defeats the purpose of having a team.

So now it's time for the defense to step it up a notch and the players to back each other up and work together to have a great season. It won't be the season we had last year, but it'll be fun to watch (which is why we watch sports anyways, right? Entertainment?). I'm glad we were given this mix up. Although I am not at all happy with Brady's injury, in this game, injuries happen, and it's how the team moves forward and handles it that shows character, sportsmanship, and true togetherness.

#16, keep up the good work!

No comments: