I have my moments; a delicious meal, an insane cleaning frenzy, a quiet moment of relaxation and reflection...These are times when I feel I am mastering life's skills. I feel like yin and yang are in place. I feel like I can do anything!
And then there are nights like tonight, when I throw caution (and an hour and a half) to the wind, and decide to save every facebook picture that someone has "tagged" me in, and some very old ones from my old laptop, to My Pictures. There is no organization to them. They are all thrown into one folder, with random, crazy names...It makes me cringe that I just did that. Keeping sane with my job requires organization to the point of anal retentiveness if I want to dream of keeping everything straight and getting my work done in a timely manner. The girl (er, woman) before me was not organized, did not have a set system of filing images, and I am desperately trying to revamp our network drive so that I can smoothly move forward in the position. If there's one thing I hate, it's wasting 1, 5, 10, as much as 30 minutes searching for 1 stinkin' specific image that my boss needs to continue their day.
Wasted time bothers me.
I have nothing wrong with indulging in a night of pure nothing and laziness. If we didn't afford ourselves that, we'd go nuts. I don't know one person who can go nonstop every single night who really seems happy and fulfilled. I just can't stand having time that I need in order to be productive being wasted away.
While I may consider my binge night of saving picture files a bit of a time sucker, I do see it as worth it. One of my long-term goals is to compile all my pictures and create a sort of timeline pictorial. Because I have fouind that I do not have the patience for scrapbooking (for all the joy I find in crafts, the SB gene just isn't there), when it comes to pictures I like a clean and clear layout. It's about what's in the pictures, not what's around it, that is the focus.
Little ornaments and stickers do not speak near the volumes that some of the pictures I have of family and friends do.
To see some of my pictures, visit my Flickr photostream. I need to renew my account, I had so many more pictures uploaded than are there right now. But you can get a taste of the little joys in my life :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hey thanks so much for commenting on Bostonista!
I agree with you about Anne looking a little uncomfortable but from certain angles I really love the dress.
emmanuel college = love.
:)
Post a Comment