1 Cucumber
1 Can Tuna, drained
Fresh basil, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
Cayenne Pepper, a dash or two, depending how daring you are
In a bowl, I mixed fresh basil from my garden into the tuna. I added two twists of the sea salt mill, and one twist of the black pepper mill. Mix thoroughly. Slice cucumber and place flat on dish, and teaspoon tuna mixture on top. Lightly sprinkle cayenne pepper over tuna. Enjoy!
It was that easy, and incredibly delicious. The freshness of the cucumbers and basil balances the spicey cayenne perfectly. I try to add a little cayenne to most dishes, it's SO good for you. It was a quick and easy meal. If I had it on hand, I'd recommend using your favorite flavor of hummus between your layer of cucumber and tuna so the tuna doesn't slide off, and it would add a little extra flavor and texture.
And of course, it's very much enjoyable with a nice glass of merlot... ;)
This meal was inspired by my favorite dish at Thornton's Fenway Grill in Boston, a little corner restaurant near Emmanuel (100 Peterborough St
Boston, MA 02215). It's a platter of feta cheese, black olives, hummus, cucumbers, and pita slices, all in their neat little sections. I used to make little sandwiches with the pita, cucumbers, hummus and feta (I didn't care much for olives before this year). I would enjoy a glass of chilled pinot grigio with it.
I am hoping to post successful meals on here from time to time. Tonight I am attempting to make homemade gluten free pasta, so stay tuned; I will post as soon as I can this week with the result!

No comments:
Post a Comment