Thursday, October 22, 2009

Dress Up!

Sean messaged me at lunchtime to tell me I got a "poofy package" in the mail, to which I cried out "MY CRINOLINE!"

Yes, I get that excited over layers of itchy tulle.

I ran in the door when I got home, shimmied out of my skirt and pulled the hot mess of poof up over my black stockings.It fits! Not bad for a $25 e-bay purchase, if I do say so myself. I told myself I wasn't going to spend any more than that on something I was only going to wear for one day... I actually started thinking maybe I'd have a little girl someday who would play dress up in "mommy's wedding clothes". Or a little boy, I grew up doing theater and know that boys like to play dress up just as much as any girl.

There are so many things that I'm doing for our wedding that help reality settle in more and more, but I must say, it's the trying on of pieces of the ensemble that have made me the most giddy. What girl doesn't dream of having that one day where you get to wear the dream dress, the shoes, the jewelry... It's starting to feel magical!

So here's a little bit of me being a tool in my tulle. And yes, I know it's wrinkly beyond imagination. It's still awesome.

No comments: