Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Broke Down

No, not in a fun, to hell with it splurge on that $100 pair of shoes way. I hit my limit and bubbled over. And poor Sean had to witness it.

I've been so good. I have not to my knowledge gone bridezilla on anyone. I have made what I consider to be sound chocies when it comes to planning various elements of the day. I even had my times of glory (see previous entry re: invitations). But I broke. And you know what it was over?

Envelopes.

No, not the idea of my dress fitting next week. Not the struggle to save with the holidays and many social opportunities approaching. Not because my job has been busy and I haven't been getting enough sleep. Envelopes.

See, I had come to accept that my handwriting just won't cut it for addressing envelopes (calligraphy was never in my budget and is an unnecessary expense, really), and that I had seen many other girls mention that they printed theirs at home on the printer. Piece of cake! Well, not for me apparently. I was ready to go home and run an envelope smoothly through the printer and have it come out gloriously printed in my favorite Edwardian Script font.

Except, it didn't fit. Word wouldn't let me custom size the document, and the 9 or 10 times I ran the test envelope through the printer, I got error messages and nothing but a mangled envelope.

I didn't rant or rave. I just broke. I was defeated. Sean tried his best to help me figure it out, and it became clear we would not solve this issue in one night. I broke out the calligraphy sharpies and started practicing writing with them, which only got me more depressed.

So Sean, the magnificent man he is, hit play on iTunes, swept me up in his arms, and slow danced me around the office. We probably looked like a couple of fools, trying to waltz, giggling over our clumsiness. And he successfully saved me from a night of misery and reminded me just why we're doing all of this. Because he is my better half. He lightens my load and makes my heart dance.

Envelopes be damned, I won't be defeated again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe... load... hehehe...

The Modern Gal said...

It's always something small that causes me to crack too, but I'd imagine it was also the collective stress you're under right now. Glad Sean was there to make it better :)