Most people will curse the high heavens for this, lamenting over a short, cold and wet summer. Call me crazy. Call me an overexcited winter bride. There is something about the first truly frigid day of the year that warms my soul. I love being from New England and experiencing different seasons. I love breaking out all my sweaters and scarves and boots and rocking my thick stockings with a cute wool skirt. I love drinking hot cocoa or a cinnamon latte and seeing my breath dance in the frosty air.
I love using a snowfall as an excuse to take my time driving back roads to work and enjoying the winter wonderland that Mother Nature lays before me. Little crystals of ice make an average tree look gorgeous, like something you see in a 5th Avenue department store window display.
I don't even mind a cold, fall rain, because it means snuggling up under a blanket on the couch, drinking tea and watching the latest Netflix on a Saturday afternoon. The laundry and dishes can wait. The bed can stay unmade. Just let me enjoy this...

No comments:
Post a Comment