Tuesday, December 15, 2009

1 month to go!

Christmas: 10 days
Wedding: 1 month

This week has been an interesting one already. For starters, my boss quit, after 3 months of maternity leave. I'll be interested to see how things develop over the next few months at work. The only guarantee is that it will be busy. I have a lot to do in the next 3 weeks to prep for Christmas 2010 sales meetings to be able to leave for the wedding confident that things won't fall apart. I guess it's a strange blessing in disguise that I won't be traveling home for the holiday and will have the opportunity to get a lot of work done while most people take year-end vacation days.

We had an adventure last week applying for our marriage license. We thought we were screwed at one point because the town clerk's office we went to on Tuesday was closed for the special election for the MA Senate seat. Luckily the next town over was not closed - that was after standing in the town selectman's office bawling my eyes out thinking we were screwed. I had taken my last 2 vacation days and Sean's limited days off to travel for this marriage license. The next time we'll both be up is 2 days before the wedding. But we were successful in the end, and that's all that matters.

We had a whole weekend of partying and socializing, and I am looking forward to a peaceful next 10 days.

No comments: