Sunday, December 20, 2009

Hear Me Roar

I feel like I am conquering the world.

After a surprisingly pleasant week at work that involved some good things, I was ready to tackle this weekend with projects. And tackle it, I did! I managed to get a lot done yesterday before the snowpocalypse, including a Christmas shopping trip, and like most years, ended up buying myself a few new things. Nothing too exciting, but I love hitting Kohl's and Old Navy this time of year and refreshing my sweater collection. I wear sweaters every day in the winter, and I wear them to pieces, so I'm always happy to get some new ones.

My friend Jenn came over yesterday and we cut menu cards together and had a bit of an estrogenfest. She is such a good person and I love her dearly. I'm so happy that she came into my life. I know I don't always love my job, but at the core, it has connected me with some really amazing people. I also gave my unity candle a makeover (the one I originally did looked like an 8th grader art project), and made necklaces for my bridesmaids. That was a fun project, I haven't made jewelry in a long time. The hardest part was finding all the materials!

I am excited for so many things. I finished Sean's Christmas present and can't wait to give it to him. I hope he loves it! I have also been working on restoring my grandparents' and my parents wedding photos, and they look wonderful!

Besides being crazy busy, I've just been trying to pause and take everything in around me. I am a very lucky person, lucky to have the friends and family in my life that I do. Everyone is so supportive and loving, and I'm so grateful to know them. I don't know how I would have gotten through this year without everyone in my life.

This Christmas will be very different. It's my first year not going home. It makes me sad, but also hopeful for the future. Now is the time for Sean and I to begin our life together and make our own traditions. It means letting go of some of our traditions we grew up with, which is hard, but we have very fond memories. We're entering a new phase of our lives, as a new family. He is my person. It's so exciting!

1 comment:

The Modern Gal said...

Merry Christmas! I hope you and Sean make some lovely new traditions this year together.