Now that Project Runway is over, I am finding my Wednesday nights a little less hectic.; only 3 shows to watch instead of 4! Here's what captures my attention for 3 hours every Wednesday night (unless I fall asleep, and in that case, an hour or two on Saturday morning thanks to DVR)....
Private Practice - Ok, I'll admit it, I don't think this show holds a candle to Grey's. However, I am interested enough in the characters relationships to each other and their specialties to watch. I don't mind if I miss an episode, but I like seeing where Addison is going with her life, and Taye Diggs alone is reason enough to spend an hour sipping wine and just...watching. Man, he's hot.
Lipstick Jungle - I started watching an episode or two of this last season, mostly because I have a little girl crush on Andrew McCarthy thanks to watching Pretty in Pink when I was a 'tween. I do like the style of the show, as a Sex in the City fan, it's hard not to love a self-indulgent estrogen fest.
Dirty Sexy Money - The most guilty, most pleasurable show of all...This show is cleverly disguised as smut, but takes all the best of daytime soap opera drama and transforms it into better written, more engaging nighttime entertainment. The Darling family is messed up like no other. It is fun to watch how such a rich and powerful family tries to deal with issues, and how poor Nick George takes it all on his shoulders and is starting to fight back in his own, sneaky way. Donald Sutherland is fantastic as Tripp Darling, and I love the development of character in each family member from where they started off the series premiere. I'm glad it survived the writer's strike, I thought it would be cancelled without a second thought!
So tonight, after I torture myself with a good long run, I will have some dinner (Trader Joe's roasted red pepper tomato soup, perhaps?), pour myself a glass of Shiraz, and let my brain decompress while I watch people who are prettier and smarter than I muddle through their fake, and very entertaining lives...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment