Sean gave me Wii Fit for my birthday (don't worry, I had asked for it!), and I've done a couple 20 minute sessions of balance and aerobic exercise this past week. Today I decided to do an extended workout and to begin with yoga, which I hadn't started yet.
To keep Wii Fit like a "game" you have to bank certain amounts of minutes to unlock new poses, balance games, strength exercises and aerobic activities. So to begin with, there were only 4 yoga poses available, and I had unlocked a 5th last week in some of my balance exercises.
I wanted to really try this and put all of my effort into it to see how it would make me feel. You will get from it whatever you put into it, like most exercises. I am sore. In the best of ways. My back feels stretched, my legs feel longer, my breathing was more controlled and that made a world of difference being able to hold the poses and stay as balanced as possible. I'm very excited to unlock new poses.
My workout lasted 45 minutes and I did all 5 yoga poses, a couple balance games and a several bouts with the aerobic hula hoop game, where you virtually hula hoop for 3 minute reps. I unlocked "Super Hula Hoop Challenge" where you hula hoop for 3 minutes to the left and 3 to the right, and you want to have as many hip rotations as possible while having to lean to the left or right to "catch" hula hoops that fellow Miis throw at you. It's wicked fun!
I am going to try to do at least yoga every day, because it felt so, so good! You also get a virtual "trainer" (mine is named Rufus) who shows you how to do each pose or stretch and encourages you throughout your workout. At the beginning or end of your workout (I prefer end) you do a Fit Test which measures your weight progress and body control. You mark on your calendar your progress and you can see charts and graphs of exactly what activities you did on any given day, your progress, etc. You can create goals (weight loss, flexibility, etc.) and they will track your progress there too!
I'll keep track here of my progress. No weight loss this week (I had lost a pound but gained it back) I am guessing due to my birthday consisting of Chinese food, cupcakes, wine and beer and chips with this wicked killer 3 layer dip my friend Jenn makes. So worth every bite...
Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment