Do you ever get sick of listening to the same 50 songs repeated on radio everyday? I have a few stations that I usually surf through in the car, ranging from Classic Rock to Top 40 to "hot jams". I can't believe I just wrote "hot jams". Anyways, I usually go through a kick where I listen to one style of music for a couple weeks straight and then move on to what's next. I was on a Z100 kick for about a month towards the end of the summer, as a couple tunes caught my ear and kept me intrigued. After a while though, you want something new and fresh and not "Devil Went Down to Georgia" at the top of the hour, every hour...
I was never really a fan of Talk Radio. If I wanted to listen to people talk, I would get together with friends and converse. I started listening to NPR in the car a couple weeks ago, curious as to what kinds of reporting they were doing on the Presidential Race, and I am now finding myself only able to listen to NPR. I find it soothing, actually, not to mention informative and very thorough. I like hearing snippets about what's going on locally, nationally, and internationally, without having to watch tv or pour over the news websites. And Harriet Jones is by far my favorite (Doctor Who fans, it sounds just like her!).
I have taken up listening at work through iTunes radio. There are many NPR stations available, and my favorite is WGBH Boston NPR Arts and Culture. Most of the programming is classical, instrumental, orchestral music. It keeps me focused throughout the day. Plus, I have heard many pieces in the past few days that I played in Wind Ensemble in high school. It's like a time warp!
I highly recommend giving NPR a listen. If you have the means, become a member and contribute. They do a great job bringing the news to the public, and they're grateful for any contribution you can give. Do yourself a favor and turn off Britney's "Womanizer", your brain cells will thank me later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment