Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mad About: Splenda Flavor Blends For Coffee

For all you 2 or 3 cups a day coffee drinkers looking for something to make that horrible office sludge they dare call coffee a bit more bearable, I've got just the solution!

Splenda Flavor Blends For Coffee

They come in a variety of flavors; French Vanilla, Hazelnut, Caramel, Cinnamon Spice, and Mocha. My personal experience so far has been with Mocha, and just today, walking from the kitchen to my office, I got 3 comments on how yummy it smelled, how it smelled better than any candle, and what on earth am I drinking?

They come in long, small, tear off the tip packets, much like the Crystal Lite on-the-go packets. For a standard cup of coffee, 1 packet is enough. You can easily keep a bunch in your purse, desk, or car!


Now, why do I like something like this? I drink generally 2 cups a day, one first thing when I get into work, and usually one mid-afternoon as a pick-me-up. I usually take mine with a packet of Splenda and a little skim milk. I deal with the horrible taste, and when my budget allows it, I splurge a little for my afternoon cup at Starbucks. With these Flavor Blends, there is no need to go to Starbucks. You can have a perfectly delicious cuppa joe wherever you are. Don't spring for Dunkin Donuts nasty flavor syrups when you can drop one of these in a cup of regular!

I know there are arguments against Splenda, the chemical make-up, processing, and some people will never use a Splenda product. Others love it, and if that's the case, try these! I personally prefer them over using a flavored creamer because my stomach is sensitive to dairy, and flavored creamers usually make me a bit queasy before I'm even done drinking my coffee!

Give it a try, and I hope you find it as enjoyable as I do! I think I'll be trying Cinnamon Spice next!



No comments: