Saturday, July 18, 2009

Another Wedding-related Nightmare

Honestly, I have been having these nightmares since the week after we got engaged, I just hope it all means that the day will go off without a hitch.

So last night's dream involved...

1. For some reason, we had not finalized music for the Mass, and I was literally in the choir loft 2 hours before the wedding frantically picking out Mass parts and prelude music, hoping and praying that our cantor was familiar with them. Oh, and all of the guests were there, TWO HOURS BEFOREHAND! Oh, and I had forgotten to ask my aunt to be a reader, so the priest just picked a random person out of the congregation to read.

2. I ran down to the basement (for some reason I always end up getting ready in a church basement in these dreams) and my mom informed me that although my hair appointment was made for 12 pm, it's now 1:15 and we should get over there. Oh, and the wedding was at 2.

3. My sister told me that in order to get married on time, I would have to get my hair and makeup done with my dress on so we could come straight back to the church, so she starts dressing me and I realize I have no undergarments in the way of bra and crinoline, and my boobs and dress are saggy and sad looking. Oh, and for some reason 6 inches are missing off the bottom of my dress. So we decide to make a quick trip to a bridal shop to purchase undergarments.

Seriously, I think this is why I am being organized to an OCD level. These dreams are playing on some of my worst fears. Luckily I find them more funny than truly scary!

No comments: