I always worry about 4th of July weekends because it's Sean's birthday, and I want to make sure he has a great birthday, balancing family time, friend time, and us time can get hectic. It was a little crazy at moments, but when we were kissing goodnight Saturday night, I knew he had a great one. He was so happy. He got to spend the weekend with his closest family and friends, we were home and the weather was gorgeous. The whole weekend just felt right and wonderful.
On Sunday evening, after everyone had packed up and left my parent's house, I still had Monday off to look forward to. I sat with my parents on the back deck, we put our feet up, and just watched the sunset. And watched birds fly overhead. Dad fell asleep in Mom's adirondack chair. Mom and I sipped wine (I only had a little!). I was in bed by 10.
On Monday, we started the day by finding our DJ, who is awesome and we know we're going to have a great party after the wedding! Then we headed to the harbor so I could grab a sub from my favorite shop, and the ocean breeze coming off the harbor kept me smiling the rest of the day. We sat on the porch with Sean's mom eating lunch, got some ice cream from Wilbur's, visited Mom at work, visited my Gram and caught up with her, and then were on our way home and got dinner with Sean's sister. I got this delicious chicken sandwich that I will try to recreate this weekend. Pita, grilled chicken breast, fresh spinach, tomato, onion and hummus. Yum.
I have no doubt in my mind that by the time the honeymoon rolls around, I will be ready for more lounging around, getting from meal to meal, with my sweetie.

No comments:
Post a Comment