We just had a cookout this weekend, which although it was not well attended, was a lot of fun. We probably spent way more than we should have (my bank account is screaming at me this morning), there was tons of food, the margaritas were flowing, and I'm pretty sure everyone had a great time.
First of all, the weather was gorgeous. For such a rainy spring/summer, Saturday was the perfect day. Sunny, not too humid, and not too hot. I'm very glad we lucked out there.
Some highlights...Sean experienced his first motorcycle ride, and I'm pretty sure he won't experience one again for a long time...There was a swordfight using my $1 tiki torches from Christmas Tree Shops...We had a friend of ours who is a priest come by for a couple hours, and he enjoyed my margaritas...Two of Sean's friends from home came, which he loved...Friends from different areas of our lives connected and discovered a mutual love of Star Trek...One person passed out in the living room...A couple running jokes of Sean hiccuping and my inability to successfully handle grilling hotdogs without dropping them on the ground (I advise holding off drinking margaritas until all food is grilled and served)...and the party lasted until about 1:30 when the last guest left.
I loved that the whole party remained outdoors and everyone enjoyed some great weather, great food, and great company. I love seeing people connect. I love seeing people enjoy themselves. And possibly most important of all, I love opening my fridge this morning and NOT seeing 20 cans of Bud Light taking up precious space.
Sadly a lot of people couldn't make it this year, but I'm sure we'll have another next year. After, you know, the other big party we'll be having this winter.

No comments:
Post a Comment