Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloweeny Came and Went

I have not been that into Halloween the past couple years. Some of my friends are incredibly creative and come up with some really fun costumes, but as I stated in an earlier entry, I have been lacking creativity in that arena for the past couple years. 

Sean and I were happy to be invited to a small party last night where we saw a couple friends of his from Fairfield and met some new people as well. Sean dressed up as House with the cane, limp, scruffy hair and bottle of pills in his pocket. I did the best I could throw together with a sexy pair of navy blue scrubs, a surgical mask and my comfy crocs. Tonight I will be a different kind of doctor, but last night was very fun and spent in great company. 

My favorite moment was when we were leaving our house to go to the party, we had kept the porch light off so no one would come looking for candy at the house. Our door is slightly set back from the street, and we saw a group of trick or treaters walking by, probably 7 or 8 years old, with their moms.  The kids were just screaming as they walked down the street. "Ahhhhhh!!! AHHHHHHHH! WAHHHHHHH!!!!", just being silly. So Sean, standing in the shadows of our porch, started screaming. "Ahhhhhhh!!! GAHHHHHH!", which they in turn started screaming back, once they realized where it was coming from. This went on for the minute or so it took for me lock up the house in the dark. I couldn't help but bust a gut laughing. 

I hope you all enjoyed your Halloween, or continue to enjoy if you are still celebrating tonight like we are. 

And Happy November! Christmas is in 54 days. Yikes. 

No comments: