Thursday, June 18, 2009

Weekly Weigh-In

No loss or gain this week. I attribute that to forgetting my "weigh in flip flops" and having to step on the scale in my chunky heels, but anyways, staying accountable is the goal. It's getting easier to prepare healthier meals and make better choices. I feel like I'm taking baby steps, but it's definitely a pace that's working for me. And the pants nearly falling off is also encouraging. The idea of needing to buy new pants anytime soon is another story...

I feel like it's all anyone talks about these days, but the rain has really been discouraging physical activity for me. I usually use the gym anyways, but on days like this, I just want to go home and curl up with dinner and a glass of wine in my sweatpants. I went to the gym last night, and it seemed deserted by comparison. I got in a good 35 minute walk/run, but my lack of physical activity lately made it apparent I have to work my way back up.

If I need any motivation, this past Tuesday marked the 7 month countdown to the wedding. I haven't tried on The Dress since I bought it, and I don't plan on trying it on again until maybe October. I'm proud of the progress I have made, because at the end of the day, I'm still down 13 lbs from where I was when I purchased The Dress. I know I can lose more, I just hope the sun comes out sometime soon. I think everyone could use a lift in their lives lately.


No comments: