Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Vacation? Can I Has It?

I apologize for my lack of posts and even more for my lack of having anything interesting to say. I feel like life is racing by right now and I'm grasping onto the edge of everything I need to get done, just getting by. I wish I had a day where I could just use my time to catch up, but when it seems I am having one of those days, 10 new things get dumped onto my plate. Such is life, I suppose. 

Work has been steady and I think that's what's attributing to my stress level and how quickly the weeks are going. There isn't time to think! Add to that a fairly busy evening schedule, and I have had next to no time to focus on exercising and eating right, resulting in  2 lb. gain. 

I am thinking more and more of what I'd like to do for a vacation this summer, and I'm thinking that I really don't want to do anything. I just want a week to come and go as I please, to sleep in if I want or go to the beach if I want. To maybe take a day trip, and to take some time to work on my own, personal, non-wedding-related projects that I never take the time for. 

So I will be requesting this time at the end of August, as something to look forward to at the end of summer. I was looking forward to July and August being fairly quiet on the weekends, and they're already filling up with camping overnights and barbecues and potential shows to see. 

How does anyone ever find time to relax? 

1 comment:

The Modern Gal said...

I'm so bad about taking days off to just stay in town, but when I do it's always so worth it. A week of it sounds lovely.