Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Beautiful Day to Be a Mom

Ok, I am not a mom, but if I were, I would be so happy to have a day like today. It is absolutely beautiful out, and what a blessing to bring life into the world! I have been calling my mom all day, trying to hunt her down to wish her a happy Mother's Day, and I haven't been able to catch her yet! She mentioned that she and Dad would be stopping off at Gram's house on the way home from visiting my sister's family this weekend. I've tried her cell, Gram's house, and their house; no dice. I'll keep trying!

I had quite a lovely day. Mass this morning was really nice, and I took some time to go shopping at Ann Taylor Loft and successfully found two new pretty outfits for taking pictures next weekend (I'll take any excuse to buy a new outfit!). The wonderful thing was, I was trying on mediums and the size I wore throughout most of college (before I gained another 15 pounds) and everything fit perfectly! I am feeling much more confident about my weight loss journey, and I'm feeling better and healthier each day.

I grabbed lunch at one of my favorite places in town, Chef's Table, which makes the most delicious soups. I got a cup of chicken, spinach and gorgonzola soup (which also had artichoke heart, rice and other yummy things in it), and sat and listened to a musician play some live, acoustic music. I haven't felt that relaxed in a long time.

The rest of the day has been productive. I managed to tackle the majority of the laundry in the house, and our bedroom no longer looks like a retail outlet exploded.

Life is great.

3 comments:

The Modern Gal said...

I love happy Sundays like that!

Adventurous Kate said...

Aww, is that the place in downtown Fairfield on Post Road? We just called it 14 HOT SOUPS because that's what the sign said!

Congrats on your weight loss. I know you've been working hard.

Shannon said...

Yup! That's the place!

Thank you :)