I was listening to Spring Awakening, and there's a song called "My Junk". The title alone makes me laugh, because I have the sense of humor of a 15 year old boy. So listening to this song, I got to thinking about my junk (*giggle*) and my never-ending desire to simplify.
I keep telling myself I need to do a major purge. I have this fear of us becoming the people with the house that's always messy, with piles of "stuff" and who knows what lurking in every corner. I have never considered myself a "neat freak", but ever since Sean and I have moved in and the house has become our "home", I feel the need to keep it up for the sake of my sanity.
I have some projects I want to tackle in the coming weeks. I want to set up a studio area for myself for my art supplies. I want to go through the kitchen drawers and purge take-out menus and "my junk". The major thing that I've been eyeing for weeks is that corner. The corner of our office next to the computer, where things just kind of...end up. There has to be a better system.
How do you manage your junk? Any tips?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment