Monday, May 4, 2009

Planting Positive Seeds

Tonight's meeting was just what I needed. Funny how that happens sometimes. The theme was learning to plant positive seeds for growth in your life. We live in a society that makes it very hard to accept compliments, acknowledge that you are good at something, and to generally reflect a positive attitude. I am guilty of this. I can be a Negative Nancy and given day, as much as I try not to be.

I thought this was a great way to cover these topics since over the weekend I planted a garden. It really hit me how I was in control of planting each flower or shrub, and how I fashioned it into something beautiful and that I nurture it with water, pulling out the weeds, and admiring it's beauty. Why can't I do that in my own life? Because most days, I'm my own worst enemy. I hold myself back with negative thoughts. I tell myself I can't do something, so why bother. The past two weekends for example: My social pigging out turned into "Well, I just don't have the willpower to not eat whatever's in front of me, so why try?" I need to start believing that I'm worth it, that my future family is worth it, to turn my lifestyle around and start making more positive decisions.

So I leave you with...A poem, pictures, and "a funny"...

Your life is your garden,
your thoughts are the seeds.
If you're life isn't awesome,
you've been watering the weeds.

-Author Unknown-

Before...

After...


In memoriam:



1 comment:

The Modern Gal said...

Your garden looks great! You're inspiring me to dig around in mine a bit this weekend.

Don't you love how inspiring those meetings can be? It really is about the attitude.