Sunday, May 17, 2009

Oh, Boston, You're My Home...

Sean and I had the pleasure of taking a weekend trip home to have our engagement photos taken by our wonderful friend Kelly Anne. She has been building up her photography business, and we were honored to be her first engagement session. We hit up all of our favorite places, including under the Duxbury Beach bridge, the Scituate lighthouse, Fenway Park, the reflecting pool at the Christian Science Center, the North End and Faneuil Hall. I shared the joy that is Far Far's ice cream and Marylou's News coffee. It further solidified my feelings that we belong up there. But I won't get into that right now.

It was such a fantastic weekend, and one of my personal highlights was getting to spend time with our families, especially Miss Bailey, my 6 month old niece. I absolutely adore her, and we had not seen her since her baptism in February. It amazes me how quickly she has grown and developed a personality!

Kelly Anne has been raving about the gloriousness of Adobe Lightroom, which allows you many more photo editing options than Photoshop, so I downloaded a 30-day trial of it to see what the buzz was about. Oh my goodness, I -LOVE- it! I have spent the past two hours just fiddling around with it, and I think when my 30-day trial period is over, I will be getting this program because, well...just look! I don't even know what I'm doing! But I can't wait to learn.




No comments: