Friday, May 22, 2009

Idol Afterthoughts

I feel pretty "meh" about how things turned out this season. I adored Adam, it's no secret, but I really liked Kris and picked him fairly early on as a the underdog who might come from behind. Overall, I have two thoughts:

1) I'm glad Kris won. He needs the exposure more than Adam at this point in his life. He really is the quintessential American IDol winner - a nobody from Smalltown USA, hoping to be somebody. He's cute and a good role model for young boys and girls, and he sounds like everything else on the radio. I know this because I heard "No Boundaries" on the local pop station yesterday while picking up my iced coffee. And just an FYI - the song is equally atrocious on the radio as it was on the show. You'd think they would take a week and let the kid arrange it in his own style, but the Idol Machine wants to crank out the 'hitz'.

2)I'm glad Adam didn't win. He's had some successes in the industry already, and he's almost too good for the show. He's already polished and well on his way to being one of the more memorable contestants in Idol history, because of his uniqueness. He was the more daring contestant. And personally, he was much more fun to watch and listen to. I already bought most of his songs off iTunes, and thank GOODNESS he won't be forced to use that song as his first single. It's just. Not. Him.

So another season is done. Who knows what craziness they'll throw at us next season. They sure went out with a bang though. Between Fergie and the Black Eyed Peas, Jason Mraz, Carlos Santana, KISS, and wait - Steve Martin? It was their most epic finale show yet. Where do we go from here? We even saw 90% of Kara's body, and she's got killer abs. Will Randy strip next season for his favorite charity? There's only one way to find out, be patient and await season 9.

Oh, and I would LOVE to have Norman Gentle entertain at our wedding reception.

No comments: