Thursday, August 6, 2009

10-Day Challenge: Day 2 & 3

Yesterday and today were very challenging for me, but I guess that's why they call it a challenge! I find myself desiring nothing but burgers and beer and cake and everything that is at the opposite end of the spectrum of health. I don't know how I will do this for the next 7 days, and I swear, if I don't lose a pound, I am going to drink a freaking huge margarita.

Yesterday I had a get together after work so I didn't get home until about 8. I knew I wouldn't want to cook, so I stopped by Trader Joe's and picked up a chicken and veggie burrito (pack of 2). I ate one for dinner last night, since Sean was working, and had one tonight, since Sean's going to a midnight showing of GI Joe and then starts his work shift at 4:30 am. Yes, life is interesting this week!

I'm finding that I'm not really hungry, I am doing surprisingly well in the way of portions and not snacking, but I just want to eat something that's wickedly BAD for me! We were talking about restaurants today at lunch, and desserts, and I remembered this fried banana and ice cream burrito I got from our favorite hole in the wall...the day after I started Weight Watchers.

I have to try to focus better. I am not going to beat myself up if I slip, but the point is to try to eat clean foods and incorporate activity into your daily routine, which I feel like I am doing successfully. I have been drinking water like it's made of gold, and despite the soreness and aches and cramps and desires to eat something with 20g of fat per serving, I am feeling pretty good. I have a day hike on the menu for Sunday, and hopefully a run around the lake tomorrow if it's not too humid out.

And here's a gem straight from my mouth today at lunch, discussing how this challenge has made me a grump: "I'd rather be fat and happy than skinny and miserable."

Ha! I'll have to come back to that one.

No comments: