Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Beachbody 10-Day Challenge: Day 1

My coworker/girlfriend told me yesterday that she was doing this 10 day challenge, starting tomorrow (today). Me, being the self-torturing type, decided to join her.

Today marked day 1. I actually took the time this morning to make an egg white omelette with broccoli. Anyone who knows me knows I am not a morning person who eats anything that she can't grab on the way out the door and eat in the car. For lunch I made a salad at the grocery store salad bar with lots of lettuce, spinach, onions, sprouts, chopped egg white and tuna fish. Not the tastiest thing I ever ate, but it was filling. I snacked on cottage cheese mid-afternoon, did a 40 minute cardio blast, and came home and made salmon with brown rice and mixed veggies.

This diet does not allow for coffee, soda, juice, or alcohol. I am going to be one cranky lady for the next 9 days. But- I got through Day 1. Tune in tomorrow when I regale you of tales of not being able to bend my legs or turn my neck.

No comments: