Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Photos: Sleeping Giant Hike

On Sunday morning, Sean and I got up and went for a 5 mile hike with three of our friends (his fellow Mt. Washington journeymen). It was a cloudy morning with a chance of scattered thunderstorms, but we were determined and prepared for whatever the day brought us. It only took about 3 hours to complete the trail, and I was pleased that the first leg of the hike, which involved heavy duty climbing and scrambling up an old rock quarry, did not leave me completely red-faced and breathless as it did when we did this trail in May (we only did about 1.5 miles in May).

Here are some of my favorites from the day...

The view from halfway up the quarry, looking North.


About halfway along the trail at one of the "peaks" there is an old tower with a picnic table, and this is just a portion of the table. It should be noted that this park/trail is located across the street from a university, so as you can imagine, this is a well-visited table.

Looking out from the tower to the woods.

The mountain men, pointing North towards their NH destination.

My personal favorite picture from the day! They're so pumped for their trip, I know it'll be a great adventure for them. And in case you had any doubt, Sean's the goober making a face second from the right. Love him.

1 comment:

Kindred Spirit said...

Sounds like a great day! I love your new format, too!