Monday, August 10, 2009

T-Minus 4 Days

As of Thursday at 5, I will be on vacation through Sunday the 23rd, and I cannot wait! I don't know how it happens, but I get so into work that I forget to take vacation. Or there's never a "convenient" time for me to be out of the office (my honeymoon, for instance, will be during one of my busiest weeks of the year). I do not lie - I did not take a full week's vacation for 2 1/2 years on this job. I took nearly 2 weeks last Christmas, and it saved my sanity big time. I swore to never again let more than a year pass without taking vacation.

So here it is, the near end of summer, and I am more than ready for a week of lounging, going to the beach, doing some of my own artwork, and getting some wedding details ironed out. I am heading to New Hampshire and then my parents' house this weekend, and back to my parents' house the following weekend. The week in between will be spent with Sean when he's not at work. I have plenty of things I can do to keep me busy and books I want to read at the beach. I hesitate to "schedule" anything because that would defeat the purpose of having a vacation and the delight of a spontaneous excursion or visit.

I have no doubt that the next four days will drag and seem excruciating, but then I am free for a full 10 days to frolick, relax, and enjoy.

Cheers!

No comments: