Thursday, August 27, 2009

Odds 'n Ends

Some quick thoughts...

I saw Sam Adam's Octoberfest on shelves in Trader Joe's yesterday. This made me incredibly happy because I know autumn is right around the corner. This morning's cool air further confirmed this...

There has been much construction going on in our little office building as they're renovating for new tenants upstairs. I'm sure it'll be lovely when they're done, but a lot of the hammering has gone on directly overhead and I'll be happy when it's complete...

I had my yearly performance review. It went well, and I'll be training in the next 6 weeks for some added responsibilities in marketing and sales. This is an interesting new avenue for me, and it will keep me very busy in coming months. Oh, and I get to move my office in October to right across from the kitchen. You know what this means....closer proximity to the coffee maker. Hello, caffeine addiction!

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Big Papi blast a game winning homerun last night against the Chi-town White Sox. Keep it up, Pap. We love you.

I was sad to hear first thing yesterday morning that Ted Kennedy lost his battle to brain cancer. Of 4 brothers, he was the only one to die of natural causes. He was a great senator, an iconic family patriarch of our time, and he will be greatly missed. His funeral will be Saturday and I'm sure it will be an emotional day for many. May he rest in peace, and may his loved ones find comfort in this time of grief.

This is a reminder to myself that I have some blogging to do tonight or tomorrow about the remainder of my vacation (where I seemed to drop off the face of the interwebs for 4 days) and my first round of mocking up wedding invitations (disaster!). Also, I am going to try to condense all wedding blogging into one weekly wedding update so those who do not wish to sift through boring details every other day are not forced to do so.

No comments: