Monday, April 6, 2009

A Little Indulgence

I have a new love. Don't worry, Sean, not that kind of love. I experienced something new and wonderful this weekend, which is decidely going to be my personal indulgence from now on.

I got my first facial.

I got a recommendation from a fellow Knottie for the spa she works at, about an hour away from where I live. I made the appointment after visiting the website and seeing that it looked like a really nice, tranquil atmosphere, and the you couldn't beat the price. It was $75 for a deluxe facial, and I printed out a $10 off coupon from their website.

It was FANTASTIC. I haven't ever been to a spa, and the atmosphere was so calming from the moment I stepped in the door. Saturday was a very gray, blustery day, and when I walked in, it was warm, with soothing Enya type music, an smelled of my favorite aromatherapy scents. What I wouldn't give to work in a place like that!

Lucy, the esthetician, was very sweet and answered all my questions. She made recommendations on how to care for my skin, and things I have been doing which are excessive or damaging. Then I stripped down and put on the towel robe thingy, got under the warm blankets and.....

Ahhhhhhh......I was instantly relaxed. It was so peaceful and warm and I just shut out all thoughts of work, wedding and stress. She massaged my shoulders, neck and head, and every product smelled wonderful and soothing. They use Yonka products, and I splurged on the cleanser and toner, which I have used night and day since Saturday and my skin already feels so much better.

This is the kind of luxury I have no problem bestowing upon myself once every 5-6 months. It's completely worth the 1-hour drive to get away from "my world" and relax and feel spoiled and refreshed. I made another appointment for September, a week before my friend's wedding.

After experiencing that peacefulness, I'm trying to be more mindful of myself and keep the stress level down. It's not worth it to get worked up over the little things.

No comments: