Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Over the Hump in More Ways Than One

Besides the obvious fact that it is Wednesday and therefore Hump Day...

I am a bit delayed in posting this, but at my weigh in on Monday I was -.2 lbs, which after a weekend away and eating out, trying to make good choices, I was actually happy with. I've been eating "clean" the past two days (limited processed food, lots of veggies and fresh fruit and whole grains). Returning to the gym last night for what felt like the first time in two weeks (I only got there once last week), I used their scale in the locker room which measure to the tenth of a pound. I was down .5 lb from my WW meeting the night before. And this morning, my scale told me I have possibly lost another pound.

And so, my dear friends, I seem to have passed over the hump, or in this case, plateau, which had left me frustrated for the majority of March. I am feeling refreshed and more motivated to keep making good food choices, and to make the time to exercise when I can. For instance, today I am babysitting after work, so I will be walking to Trader Joe's at lunchtime to pick up my salad, rather than hopping in the car and driving literally two minutes down the road.

I hope you're having a great week so far. April is looking to be a much nicer month in comparison to March. I was relieved to not wake up to a blizzard (I expect it every year since it happened in 1995), and spring is indeed upon us.

Cheers!