Monday, January 5, 2009

First Monday of 2009

So I got through my first working Monday of 2009, and it wasn't bad. As I suspected, the next few weeks are going to be sheer madness in the way of putting together sales presentations and materials, but there's always a light at the end of the tunnel.

I have been thinking (already) about the spring and summer, and I very badly want to take a week off at some point, hopefully with Sean, and go somewhere. I don't care if it's camping or hiking or holing up in a little cottage or cabin in the mountains of Vermont or New Hampshire, but I want to get away. It was so nice to have days off during the holidays, and it made me realize that I cannot let another 2.5 years go by without taking a full week of. It was truly good for my soul. I left work two Mondays ago cranky and never wanting to step foot in my office again, and after vacation, I felt at the very least a.) grateful that I have a job, b.) grateful that with this economy, I'm doing fine, and c.) I have a great network of people who I work with who are like a family away from home. So while at times it gets stressful and I want to bang my head against my desk, for the most part, it's not bad at all.

I'd like to end this post with a shoutout to my readers, I am looking forward to delving more into this blog this year, finding ways to make it interesting to read. Like here:


No comments: