Thursday, January 15, 2009

Not Your Average A.I.

Have any of you been watching the new season of American Idol? I have been a fan since season 2, and this year they are mixing it up a bit. The most obvious change is the addition of Kara DioGuardi as a 4th judge. I like her so far, she has some good, honest advice for the auditionees.

I've had a few good laughs watching the first two nights of auditions, and even some welling up of tears. My favorite moment so far was last night when they showed the girl from Oz at home living with her really old grandma, and the grandma's sitting at the kitchen table and goes "These are my crazy pills!" That grandma is awesome. The girl was really good too. She sang a Janis Joplin song I had never heard before (I don't have the time to look up the name of the song, but it rocked).

I have always wanted to audition, but watching this season, I think I would much rather be a judge, just to experience seeing all the talent that comes through there, and to laugh at the crazy ones.

How about the guy in the yellow and orange suit? "Do you want a banana?"...Oh goodness.

No comments: