Friday, January 9, 2009

Weeknights with David Allen Boucher

Driving home to my parents' house tonight, I was radio surfing as I hit the Mass Pike, trying to pick which radio station would accompany me on the final stretch home. I usually go straight to 105.7 WROR, but I wasn't feeling it tonight. I've been listening to WROR streaming at work the past couple weeks, so I could use something of a different flavor.

That flavor came in the form of the smooth, rich baritone of David Allen Boucher, the weeknight disc jockey for Boston's "soft rock" station. I had forgotten about his existence. His voice could lull the hungriest of bears to sleep. Picture in your head Delilah (the female soft rock inspiration spouting dripping with the cheesiest of fromage disc jockey found on easy listening stations nation wide), but male (obviously), and so soothingly sexy. His voice is like the moment you first wake up in the morning, all warm and cozy and snuggly, BEFORE you realize that you have to in fact get up.

So D.A.B. accompanied me home, and I heard a song I had only ever heard once before, and I just loved the lyrics so much. I thought I would post them here to share with you. The song is "Come Away With Me" by Norah Jones.

Come away with me in the night
Come away with me
And I will write you a song

Come away with me on a bus
Come away where they can't tempt us
With their lies

I want to walk with you
On a cloudy day
In fields where the yellow grass grows knee-high
So won't you try to come
Come away with me and we'll kiss
On a mountaintop
Come away with me
And I'll never stop loving you

And I want to wake up with the rain
Falling on a tin roof
While I'm safe there in your arms
So all I ask is for you
To come away with me in the night
Come away with me

No comments: