This past weekend, I wreaked caloric havoc on my body and probably confused the hell out of it. After 2 weeks of fairly solid good eating and exercise, heading into last weekend I was down 5.5 pounds from my starting weight.
Well, Friday was a miserable day, even if it's wasn't horrifically stressful, my brain was just wiped out, and I dragged my sorry ass home, dreading the idea of cooking dinner. Sean, bless him, took one look at me and said we were going out for dinner. So we went to Uno's. With my lifestyle change in mind, I avoided the burger menu, the flatbread that looks healthy and is deceivingly not, and anything else that was majorly made up of bread. Sean always gets the shrimp and steak with veggies and mashed potato, so I went down a similar route and got some sort of "fisherman's plate" with salmon, haddock, and shrimp, deliciously seasoned and lightly breaded. I tried not to think about how much butter they used to cook it all. It came with vegetables and brown rice pilaf. It was good!
We had discussed going to see a movie, but we were both pretty tired, and I knew I wouldn't have been able to stay awake. So our eyes wandered across the street and settled on the gloriously bright red Cold Stone sign. Hells yes.
We got our ice cream and went home to curl up and watch 21 off of Netflix. I love Kevin Spacey and people who try to speak with a Boston accent make me sad.
Saturday to Sunday was spent at our friend Kevin's house on Staten Island with a great group of friends, and we went to Outback for dinner (grilled chicken sandwich with fries, didn't finish sandwich or fries) and to a wine and cheese bar to chill out (2 glasses of delicious Reisling). Add to that some snack foods later back at the house, more wine, and a NY style breakfast (bagels, eggs, bacon and pancakes) and I was in desperate need for a trip to the gym.
I forced myself to go Sunday night and again tonight, and I am actually down a pound from last week. I don't know how this is possible, but I am accepting it as overcoming my first big speedbump in trying to make better decisions. I hda a bad weekend, and instead of kicking myself and giving up, I kicked myself and worked harder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I had the same thing as you at Outback, mainly due to the calories printed on the menu. Damn you, New York and your calories printed on the menu!
I also didn't finish it. Although it was VERY good.
Post a Comment